Water investigation is the search for a fluid trapped or contained in a permeable formation. The prime objective when conducting a water investigation drilling program is the search for aquifers containing waters of suitable quantity and quality. The ground water also should be economical enough to extract and provide to users.
Specific water investigative tasks Speight Drilling carry out include;
- Measure standing (static) water levels daily
- Provide formation samples from each bed in the aquifer series expected in a specified interval
- Collect water samples from each aquifer and establish S.W.L.
- Test a specified aquifer by air-lift pumping and measuring drawdowns
- Accurate placing of casing and liners, screens and plugs
- Effective grouting
- Accurate logging of the borehole and well construction for future reference
- Precise strata sample collection for appropriate well design
- Observing and noting water inflows, changes in samples or water levels and drilling penetration rate
- Piezo installs for water monitoring
We understand the importance of working alongside the many people (indirectly or directly) involved in a water search project (geologists, groundwater engineers/hydrogeologists, suppliers of specialised equipment/services, government officials, project management) and ensuring good 2 way communication and listening to client needs' is a key component of work progress.