high quality solutions
Speight Drilling have extensive drilling history and can bring a wealth of knowledge and best industry practice to your next project. We deliver high quality drilling and testing solutions - the right service, results and products that you require. Over the last decade we have completed numerous successful contracts which have given us vital insight and knowledge of the unique NZ geology.
Geotech drilling can employ a wide range of equipment types under a variety of conditions. Speight Drilling work through each project individually - using site/ground specific knowledge and client objectives to determine the right rig and method to follow to get the best outcome possible.
In any geotechnical site investigation project the driller's objective is to observe and record all relevant information about the soil, rock or watertable, provide samples and carry out down-hole tests as requested by the project engineer or geologist. Some examples of investigative tasks include;
- Take 'disturbed samples' of sand, clay, gravel, rock and fill materials.
- Locate the watertable and take water samples.
- Take 'undisturbed samples' of fine grained materials for laboratory tests.
- Perform in-hole tests.
- Locate hard strata
- Identify bedrock and prove it for a specific depth.
- Provide core for detailed examination of rock quality.
- Provide details and interpretation of drill behaviour.